Friday 13 September 2013

Autumn/Fall make up looks.

So lets just get apologies out of the way. I promised at the beginning of the summer that I'd be blogging away, and believe me when I say I wish I'd had the time. I have been working pretty much full time which was unexpected and I've been on Holiday and doing lots of fun stuff. Which does mean that I have some ideas of blogs to come. Also for some reason when I have university work to do I suddenly want to blog, so as I'm heading back up to London next week I'm hoping to be blogging away. 

So this morning I thought I would do some research into the Autumn make up looks to see if I could recreate them into an everyday or less 'high fashion' look. I was pleased to see that eyebrows are back in, and as I have eyebrows this was exciting. The other big trends are; cat eyes, orange eyes, prune eyes, glitter eyes, smokey and grey wash eyes, big lashes, red lips, wine stained lips, nude lips, pink blush and statement lines. I was super excited by a number of these and actually found that they are seemingly transferable to easy day and night makeup looks. 

So is started with my normal morning skincare routine and then applied Mac Prep and Prime. I then used the foundation Studio Fix in the colour NC15 again by Mac. I have been loving the combination of both of these recently. I used the same base for each of my looks, and applied the Bobbi Brown concealer kit under my eyes. For mascara I used Lancome Hypnose and for each look with eyeshadow I used Nars eye primer. On my eyebrows I used the eyeshadow Buck from my original Urban Decay Naked palette. 

For the first look I combined the cat eye and the red lips. I already love this combination and I knew they would look perfect together. I wanted to create a strong effect by using more eyeliner and less mascara, so for the eyeliner I used Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in the colour Black ink. As I usually wear pink on my lips a red lip is kinda' out of my comfort zone so I chose a red that has slightly pink tones. The lipstick I used is by Topshop and called Really Ruby. This is the look


For the second look I combined smoky eyes and statement lines, I love smokey eyes and I have managed to find a palette that does the perfect colours for me, I never want my eyes to be too dark and I like to use softer browns than harsh blacks. The palette I used is the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes in the colours Wide Eyes, I especially love this as it was designed by Alber Elbaz and the outside is just so pretty. For this I started super light on the inner corner gradually getting darker, blending the colours together and then I lined the eye under the bottom lashes and drew a straight line upwards toward the eyebrow using the Be a Bombshell eyeliner in the colour Onyx. This is the look


For the third look I chose glitter eyes and pink blush, because lets face it who doesn't love a bitta' glitta'. I was excited about this one, used only two eye products. The first was Mac Water and Ice mineralize eye shadow, this is by far my best looking eyeshadow, it is divided into two halves, one silver and the other blue. I applied the silver as a base and then the blue as an eyeliner effect. I then rolled The Body Shop Sparkle Roller Ball all over the eye. I did apply a small amount of Maybelline Babylips in the colour Pink Punch for a splash of colour. For the pink blush I used a product I got in my Glossybox this month, the Rimmel Stay Blushed Cheek tint in the colour Pop of pink. This is the look


 Finally I wanted to do the prune eyes, as this is a makeup look I go for anyway. I love purples to create a subtle smokey eye, so this one was always going to be my favourite. For this I used four Mac eyeshadows, I used Dazzle-Light as a base, then Naked Lunch on the inner-corner and then blended Shale across the rest of the eyelid, I then put Satin Taupe along the crease. I finished the look with Hustle from the Naked Palette as an eyeliner. I wanted to add a bright pink lipstick as I would usually wear a pink to go with this look, I used Mac Girl about Town. This is the look 



Did I just finish a blog? I off to bake some cakes or cookies. woohoo 




No comments:

Post a Comment