Thursday 11 April 2013

Bobbi Brown review...

Well we had a few days of sun over the weekend but again it has started to hide away again, but I hear that on Sunday we should get some nice weather. So its time to get out the spring fashion out, and I have been loving the spring makeup for 2013 and I have been trying out the looks one by one. 

Today I am reviewing my new favourite skin care and makeup regime for the under eye. I suffer from bags under the eye and have been looking for something to counter act this for a while. I have tried a number of products, I have used normal stick concealers, Garnier BB cream under eye roll on and benefit erase paste. I had hoped that the benefit erase paste would fix my problem but after a number of months I have come to the conclusion it doesn't work for me as it is too oily for my skin. Although I do use it as a face concealer and it works well to cover blemishes. So I recently ventured to the Bobbi Brown counter for some advice and found something that so far has worked pretty well. 



Step number one... 
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream. 
This is applied both morning and night after cleansing the face. I apply this using my ring finger gently under the eye, it works well the hydrate the underneath of the eye and then as a primer before applying concealer. 

Step number two...
Bobbi Brown Corrector in the colour Light Bisque.
This is a pale skin colour which corrects the dark circles under the eye. Concealer applied straight to the  dark eyes will not correct the colour as the darkness is still there, so this works well to correct the darkness so that the concealer can cover up the darkness as well as possible. 

Step number three...
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in the colour Warm Ivory. 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!! It has two sides to the kit, one with a cream concealer and then the other a light powder. The cream concealer is a lovely product which applies really well onto the skin and only small amount is needed and after the previous steps it cover the dark circles as well as possible. Once I feel I have enough coverage I will apply the rest of the makeup. And before I apply my general face powder I apply the light power under the eye to set the concealer. 



I absolutely love this three set regime but I must say that it is quite expensive and if I weren't a makeup fanatic I probably wouldn't spend this sort of money on concealer. I think it is a case of trial and error to find the best product for you, as always high street brands make work better for you than high end. 

Lets have a lovely sunny weekend and smiles all round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment