Tuesday 12 November 2013

Favourite everyday winter makeup look.

I was going to do a October favourites but then I realised that most of the products are in my everyday 'get ready routine' and I am loving this look for winter so I thought I would just talk though the products and how I have been using them. Let's get started...



Three of the favourites I had wanted to put into my October favourites had been shower products I have been using pretty much everyday, the first is a exfoliating face wash by Biore. It is exfoliating whilst being gentle on the skin, it gets rid of blackheads and cleanses the skin really well. I tend to use it  one morning a week and one evening, although this is gentle I would never recommend exfoliating more than twice a week. I used this to wash my face, I then shampooed my hair with Body Shop ginger shampoo and conditioned with their banana conditioner. I have been using the ginger shampoo for years but only last month bough the banana conditioner which I LOVE, it smells divine and gives a great shine. After washing my hair I washed my body with another favourite Soap and Glory Foam Call, this just smells gorgeous and is gentle on the skin.


I applied Giorgio Armani Si which was defiantly my October favourite perfume, I always apply my perfume as soon as I am out of the shower, it then lasts all day. I then finished cleansing my face using Avene Gentle Toner, I then used Avene Cleanance which is great base before primer. And one of my all time favourites Bobbi Brown eye cream under my eyes. Then finally I applied the base for my makeup Mac Prep+Prime.


The foundation I have been loving is Rimmel Match perfection in the colour 100 Ivory, I applied this all over the face using a Zoeva 104 Buffer brush. This provides a create base for an everyday glow, I cover any blemishes using a definite October favourite Revlon Photoready concealer in the colour 002 light pale using a Zoeva 142 Concealer brush. For my cheeks I have been loving the NARS cheek palette called Adult Content, I use in the bronzer to contour my cheeks, the two blushes together on my cheeks and then the highlight along the tops on my cheeks. This is such a good combo palette.



On my eyes I have been wearing a purple smokey eye, I have been making it slightly lighter for daytime but I think it is great for winter. As always I prime my eyes with NARS Pro-Prime, then use Mac Dazzle-light as a base all over the eye, then apply Naked Lunch over the lid. In the outer corner I apply Shale blending in lightly in the middle. Directly on top of Shale I apply Swish to create a slightly pinker look, blending this again in the middle. On the crease blend in Satin Taupe, and bring it out to the outer edge and along the lash-line slightly. I then line the lash-line with Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in  the colour 1 Black Ink creating a wing on the outer edge and bringing that slightly along the bottom lash-line. Finally I used Benefit They're Real which I gave in a bought after many recommendations and I LOVE it.


Finishing off the makeup with my current lipstick love Chanel Rouge Allure in the colour 116 Envoutante. For my hair I have been doing a french plait and gripping it to the side to take my fringe out of my face and curling my hair with my BaByliss Boutique tong, which I love because it has a wide barrel for loose curls. To protect my hair I use Lee Stafford Poker Straight and then Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray before blowdrying, before curling my hair I use Lee Stafford Dehumidifier. Once my hair is done I get rid of my flyaway hairs with Toni and Guy Shine Gloss serum and use Lee Stafford Climate Control hairspray. 



And I'm done. That was a long'un wasn't it. 

Have a fabulous week lovliessss.

No comments:

Post a Comment