Friday 9 May 2014

Special Delivery: Real Techniques Makeup Kit Review

A special delivery came in the post today, a beautiful makeup kit form Real Techniques by Sam and Nic Chapman. I LOVE the Real Techniques brushes, I constantly recommend them to everyone. If you haven't tried them you must, so when I saw that they had released a makeup kit - which is limited edition I had to get my hands on one. I got the modern natural one, I'm much prefer lighter tones that you can build up to be darker if need be. I also got a free special gift of a eyeliner brush - BONUS!


The kit comes with four eye shadows; one light shimmer, a gold shimmer, a matte brown and dark brown shimmer. It has a brown gel eyeliner, a matte pinky-peach blush, a cream highlighter and two lip glosses. The packaging is simple and easy, it is not too big or bulky and definitely good for a weekend away palette.

I have just done a simple everyday makeup look with the kit, here are the steps.

I started with a quick and easy base using the Rimmel fix and perfect pro primer all over the face. I then applied Collection concealer over any blemishes and under the eyes and then Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. I then used Rimmel Clear Complexion powder to keep it all in place. I contoured using the Sleek Face Contour Kit and then used the blush and cream highlighter from the makeup kit.



For my eyes I started obviously with my favourite Nars Pro-Prime eyeshadow base, I then applied the lightest eye shadow over the whole lid, right up to the brow. I then blended the golden toned colour over the eyelid, finally blended the dark matte colour into the crease of my eye. I then lined the top lashes and the bottom lashes with the gel liner. I then tight-lined the eye with Topshop Burnished eyeliner pencil and applied Mac Extended Play Gigablack Lash mascara.


I am so pleased with the first makeup release from Sam and Nic, it was really well priced, I think with international postage it worked out to be £18 which for a whole makeup kit palette is a great price. I love the eye shadows, blush and highlighter. I have to be honest and say that I am not a massive fan of the lip glosses but the free eyeliner brush makes up for that!


I really hope that the girls release more makeup, if you don't know who they are you can check them out on Youtube and buy their brushes in most pharmacies worldwide or online at realtechniques.com

Sending you all sunshine and flowers x



No comments:

Post a Comment