Saturday 12 October 2013

One week wearing...

Last week I purchased two products to wear for one week and review. So for the last week I have worn benefit Rockateur and L'Oreal Nude Magique every day, which has been quite hard. I like to mix up my makeup and I often change my foundation depending on sort of day I'm having or where I am going. But I did it so that I can review them. 



benefit Rockateur 
I was super excited to try this blush as I had seen it in so many September favourite blogs and videos, so I ventured into boots before the cinema last Wednesday. I couldn't wait until I got home to have a look at the product. 

First impression: 
I had obviously seen pictures of the product so I knew from the outset that I wasn't a fan of the packaging, I much prefer something simple. This is very 'tarty' the lace and snakeskin just aren't my thing. It smells gorgeous it just adds something extra to the product. 

Using the product:
I have loved wearing this, it is the perfect mixture between bronze and peachy/pink, it add great colour to the cheeks. It isn't to heavy to start off with so you can really build it up depending on how much you want, on the same note it blends well with other blushes and contouring kits to create the cheeks that you want. As much as I love this I have an issue, the brush that comes with it just doesn't apply the blush how I would like it, and it is a small box therefore my blush brushes just don't quite fit inside. 

Overall: 
I love it, I can easily forgive the packaging and the brush situation because of how good it is generally. I am happy I have bought it and happily wore it everyday and will continue to do so. 


L'Oreal Nude Magique 
I had seen this in boots and I was after a lightweight foundation, this one seemed like the perfect one to try. Especially as it was on offer. 

First impression:
The bottle is super cute and small, it seems almost like the perfect holiday foundation as it is lightweight in both actual weight and coverage. On the instructions it indicates to use your finger to apply but I wanted to apply with a sponge so whilst I was in boots I picked up a Real Techniques sponge too. 

Using the product:
I have really like the product and it defiantly does what it says on the tin, it is lightweight and non pore-clogging. I did find that on top of primer it almost feels slimy and is too dewy so I have had to wear a powder on top. For days where I was wearing it for 12hrs at work it didn't last the whole day, but thats not surprising really. It also doesn't cover blemishes well and I needed a strong concealer for blemishes and under the eye. I found the sponge worked well, the foundation is defiantly too light for a brush. It also provides a great base for other face products such as blush and bronzer. 

Overall: 
I would recommend this as an easy wear everyday foundation when you need a small amount of coverage, but for anything you need more coverage it would need to be built up. As I said it seems to be great for holidays. If you suffer from lots of redness or blemishes it just isn't going to cut the mustard. 



Woo hoo to reviews. And to finish something my Mum said to me this week 
'The task ahead is never greater than the strength within you.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment