Saturday 5 October 2013

September Favourites

Oh October here you are, the gateway to my favourite months. I love autumn/fall and winter, I am so ready for crisp blue skies, snow, wooly jumpers, boots, fires and seasonal greetings. October/November/December are my favourite months and here they are, ready to be enjoyed. 

As September has drawn to a close I have some favourites to show you, I have four makeup/beauty favourites, one food, one home and one music. Oooh how exciting. Lets make a start with some makeup, my favourite place to start. 


I'm starting with some MAC eyeshadows, in the colours Dazzle Light and Shale. Dazzle Light is a light shimmery white/cream colour fantastic to use as an all over base on the lid of the eye, right up to the brow bone as a highlighter. Shale is a dark purple, still shimmery but slightly more matte than Dazzle light. I love to pair both of these colours with MAC Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch for a light purple smokey eye, which with the addition of eyeliner can be made into an evening look. 

My second makeup favourite was a long awaited purchase, I knew I would love it but I just had to wait, and then finally for my birthday at the end of August I got some John Lewis vouchers. I went in and purchased the Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel liner in the colour Black Ink. It is by far the best gel liner I have found. It is like they say 'long-wear', it is also very highly pigmented and very easy to apply. I either use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner brush or the Real Techniques pixel-point eyeliner brush. 

My third favourite is a beauty fave, it is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. It is a face cream/lotion which is to be used for correcting and unclogging anti-imperfection care. It works as a spot cream, I apply morning and evening after washing my face before moisturiser. It has just made my skin feel cleaner and any spots seem to clear up faster and I haven't had as many since using this product. I really like it and it is recommended by so many beauty bloggers. 

Ahh perfume, my fourth favourite is a perfume. One I have wanted for ages, it was on my birthday list but I didn't receive it off anyone but I did buy it with my birthday money. It is Lancome La vie est belle. It just smells so beautiful, it is long lasting on the skin and on clothes. I get so many compliments I can't help but love wearing it. 

Ice Breakers Sours, need I say more? These are my food favourite. I have had maybe one pack of these before in my life and I fell IN LOVE with them, they are an American sweet that are sold in very few shops in the UK. My best friend at university knows of my love of these beautiful sweets and she got me two packets for my birthday, I savoured these. Then she gave another eight packets. My life was made. 

My last two favourites are a home favourite and music favourite, my home favourite is a candle from Urban Outfitters, it is their Fig and Wild Pear candle. I love the scent this candle gives off, it is light and fruity but not summery almost an autumnal smell, I have had in burning a few hours a day for a quite a lot through out September and I am pretty sure it still has a while left. And my music favourite is Arctic Monkeys new album AM, I have it on now, and I have had it on repeat since it came out. It is just so good, if you haven't heard it have a listen because it is so good, also listen to their cover of Drake Hold On, We're Going Home, because that is fabulous too!!

Now go on an October walk, be inspired by the falling leaves, the crisp air and the change in seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment