Wednesday 23 October 2013

Simple Spooky Cheap Halloween looks.

Halloween is just around the corner, this year it seems to be way more 'in your face' than any other year, and unfortunately it's just not really my thing. But I decided I wanted to see what I faces I could make for halloween using only my makeup collection. Now when I had a look through I realised that although I could do pretty well the one thing you really need is a white face paint or a much lighter foundation. So I did have to buy one thing and that was a Snazaroo ghost and skull face painting kit, it was only £5 from Claire's Accessories, so it barely counts. 

I made three different makeup looks for halloween using only the small face painting kit (which only comes with white, black and green) and my makeup. I did not buy any extra sponges or brushes only what I already own. I did a zombie, witch and cat. All are very open to interpretation. 

Zombieeeeee




So I started by using the applying a primer to the face as a base and then applied white face paint all over the face using a real techniques sponge. I then blended black face paint and Jelly Pong Pong eyeliner/shadow stick to contour my cheeks. Using the same eyeliner I lined my eyes and blended with a finger. To give the effect of blood and cuts I used a me me me lip and cheek tint and let it drip down the face. Finally adding Topshop Really Ruby to my lips. 


Witch




I again used a primer and then applied the white face paint. I then drew small circles to look like moles with the green face paint. I lined the eye with collection fast stroke eyeliner, using the same eyeliner I drew a small spider, using Mac Water and Ice eye shadow along the wed to make it look silver. I then used jelly pong pong eyeliner to create the hairs on the moles and draw in harsh black eyebrows. Using the same Mac eyeshadow before on my eyelids to give some silver shimmer, I then coated my eyelashes with L'Oreal Voluminous mascara and finally painted my lips green. 

Cat




For the cat I used primer again but this time focused the white face paint to the lip, nose and eyebrow area. I then used the black face paint to draw a simple nose and whiskers, I also used the black face paint to do a simple winged eyeliner using a Zoeva 317 brush. Again applying Voluminous mascara to the lashes focusing on the outer edges and finally applied Mac Girl About Town lipstick to my lips. 

These are all so simple and easy, many of the items used are very cheap high street brands so can be recreated on a budget. Have a go, and get spooooooky this Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment