Monday 27 January 2014

Handbag makeup

The makeup I have in my handbag changes everyday, it is so dependent on the days activities and the makeup I already have on. There are a few things that are staples such as powder, concealer and my compact mirror, so hear is a sneak peak inside...

My makeup bag is the most basic and simple available a think. I like it because it is clear and super thin so it slides right into my handbag, even fitting inside a small handbag. It also opens right up with a zip around the whole of one side which means no rummaging around.



Collection - Lasting Perfection Powder

I have to be honest and say this isn't the best powder out there but since my Mac one broke and now spills powder everywhere I have this one in my bag for touch-ups throughout the day.

Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer 

My love for this is everlasting so I carry it around for any necessary touch-ups.

YSL - Touche Eclat 

This is a beauty classic, I carry it around for those mid-afternoon tired eyes that just need brightening and highlighting. Sometimes concealer is just too heavy and can make eyes look older and makeup slightly caked on, and this just provides a light touch up.

Maybelline - Babylips 

Lip balm is a handbag essential, especially in those winter month for chapped lips and then in the summer one with an SPF to avoid burnt lips.



Lipstick

My makeup bag always has the lipstick I am wearing that day (and usually the day previous when I can't be bothered to take it out).

Revlon - Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait 

Revlon lip butters are defiantly a winter favourite, hydrating and colourful the best winter combo. I have a couple of colours and the colour tends to be less pigmented for a more natural look.

Eyeliner

I like to carry the eyeliner I am wearing in case of watering eyes, general rub off and emergency. This does change day to day as it could be liquid or kohl or black or brown.

Bobbi Brown - Smokey Eye Kajal Liner

This eyeliner is great for blending and also the waterline, although I do find it will need a touch-up midday or when I have been walking (I seem to get a case of the watery eye a lot).

And finally my lovely compact mirror as mentioned in my christmas gifts post is from my sister and is the Cath Kidston Guards range and I just love it, a great replacement for my £1 poundland mirror.

I hope you enjoyed that sneak peek - nosey. This year is getting underway and I am excited for lots of new opportunities.

Love Aisling

No comments:

Post a Comment