Wednesday 8 January 2014

Old Hollywoood Palette and other christmas delights

After christmas I love to see what gifts everyone got, so I thought I would share a few favourites with you. I haven't bought all my gifts back to London but you can see a selection and I'm going to talk about a few of my favourites. This year I went shopping with my Mum and Sister when they came to London for my sisters 16th birthday the weekend before Christmas, it was a lovely weekend and we went to see the Lion King on the West End and JLS at the o2 arena. Much fun was had.



I loved all my gifts this year, my stocking was filled with lovely delights such as the Dachshund mug (I love sausage dogs) and the pandasaur notebook (this combines my love for pandas, dinosaurs and stationary). I also got the cutest mirror from my sister for my christmas eve present, it is the Guards range from Cath Kidston which is my favourite. My Mum also got me a the movie Seven which as a criminology student is right up street and surprisingly I hadn't seen it. My little brother (who is much taller than me) got a me the cutest trinket box which is at home as it didn't want to brake it in transit.


Bobbi Brown - Old Hollywood Eye Palette.

This was at the top of my christmas list, a much desired eyeshadow palette with a high price tag. It was just so shiny, and I always had a little look when I was in John Lewis. When I opened it on Christmas day my eyes lit up, I of course knew I was getting it but I still couldn't help being excited to own something so beautiful. If I am honest it isn't quite as good as I hoped but it is great for delicate brown and silver/black smokey eyes. And I still love it.


Black Velvet Top - Topshop & Statement Necklace - Oasis

My Grandma had given us all some money to choose a gift that could be wrapped up, which I much prefer to actual money. I chose a beautiful velvet top from Topshop, which I wore on Boxing day along with a surprise statement necklace from my Mum and Dad. I have been loving statement necklaces so my Mum chose me a beautiful one.


The Handbag Beauty Bible by Josephine Fairley and Sarah Stacey

The wondeful book was a gift from my Godmother who chose wonderfully well. I was engrossed in this book as soon as I opened it, its full of great reviews and ratings out of 10 on some of my favourite products and ones I have wanted to try for ages. The only downside is that it is slightly outdated as it was published in 2007, the reviews are still relevant but prices have changed on most products. I have read it cover to cover and I really love it.



I hope everyone got everything they wished for this christmas, and are looking forward to what the new year brings.

Love Aisling

No comments:

Post a Comment