Thursday 30 January 2014

January Favourites

WHAT? How is it the end of January already? 2014 is certainly underway and it's getting super exciting, I have so many things to look forward to for the rest of the year. So if you want to have a look at some of the things I am going to be getting up to keep an eye on my other blog there is a clickable link in the side bar.

Lets get on with the favourites, I have quite the array of favourite this month, including of course some beauty, books and pyjamas. I'll start with beauty because lets on forget this is meant to be a beauty blog.



TRESemme - Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray 

This was a discovery I made when at home over Christmas, my mum was using this spray I tried it out and LOVED IT. It makes my hair super shiny and glossy without looking greasy, it definatly creates smooth results which is definatly something I need. I have lots of flyaways and baby hair which needs taming and this does the job, I have loved it so much I bought the shampoo and conditioner too.

REVLON - Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait and 005 Sugar Frosting 

I tired these out last summer as they are a beauty blogger favourite but I left mine in the car and it melted, I then forgot about them until last month when they were on offer in both Superdrug and Boots. I bought these two pinks, these have been my staple in January. They are great for an easy, moisturising lip colour.

Sleek - blush in 142 Antique 

I bought this on a whim, which is super easy to do with sleek makeup as it is so cheap, and I actually really like it. It is a very dark pinky/bronze blush with a gold shimmer. I love the tone, it is almost a darker version of Benefit Rockateur.

CLINIQUE - take off the day 

I mentioned this in my blog post 'squeaky clean skin' but as it was a new purchase for January and I love it SO MUCH it has to mentioned in my Jan faves. It gets rid of any extra makeup with out being harsh on the skin, perfect - a must have.


The Fault in Our Stars - John Green 

I know I am late to the party, but seriously this book. I read it in about six hours straight on the train and then as soon as it got home. I cried A LOT but I loved it. Read it if you haven't. Read it even if you don't read books. Just read it.

Camilla Lackberg Books 

This month I got to read a lot more books and I downloaded four of her book series on to my iPad mini to read on the train. As a criminology student I love crime fiction, these are swedish fiction which is brilliantly well written and has a lovely love story background. If you like crime fiction I would definitely have a read.


And finally a general love of pyjama bottoms has happened this month. I have my classic favourites some plaid Hollister and owl Cath Kidston ones but I bought some £3 sale robin ones from Primark and some Babmi ones from Primark too. When I haven't needed to go anywhere I have been living in them!!

Let me know what you have been loving in January.

I hope January brings lots of love and luck for every single one of you.

Aisling x

No comments:

Post a Comment