Monday 16 December 2013

Blogmas day seven: GLOSSYBOX

I have been subscribed to Glossybox for a little over a year now, in the beginning I would be so excited to get a little box of treasures in the middle of every month. Some months would be great and I would love pretty much all the products, other months I would be sorely disappointed. I have received some great products that I love and have totally been worth the cost, but then I also have a box of miniature products I don't like and have no use for. I have been thinking about cancelling my membership but I thought I would get my Christmas box and see how I like it first.

I picked it up from the postbox and it was all red and shiny, inside it had lovely candy cane tissue paper  and green shredded tissue, oh so festive. Then I saw the products...


1. LIPSY GLAM perfume 
Oh fab another 2ml miniature perfume, I think I may have had one of these in every Glossybox. I rarely like the scent, there is never enough for a days wear. It just seems like a slightly cheap, easy product for them to put inside. As for the actual perfume, I am not a massive fan it smells a bit like shampoo.

2. Seche - AUDACIOUS 
I was in two minds about this product in my box, first of all I love a nail varnish but I got the same brand of nail varnish in my Glossybox last Christmas, granted it was a blue not a pink. I did love the nail varnish last year but not enough to go out an buy it so getting another one wasn't really a bonus.

3. MAYBELLINE - COLOR TATTOO 24hr in Gold
Its nice to see a high street favourite in my Glossybox, I do love these for blending and lining the eye but not in gold. I know its the festive season but gold is just way too much. I am going to try to do some festive looks with it but the gold is very yellow. I'm just going to give it a go.

4. WILKINSON SWORD - Naturals Razor 
This is an odd one, although a good one finally. I have used this before and loved it but I'm not an expensive razor kinda girl, I usually buy five for £2. So this was a lovely surprise.

5. Beautiful Movements Cosmetics - Nude Lip Gloss
This is do love, I have wanted a nude lip gloss for a while but just never got found to finding a good one. I saw Kimberly Wyatt talking about this makeup range at the Glossybox one year anniversary in Covent Garden in the summer and she talked about it with a lot of passion, this is the second time I have used something from BCM and both times they have been from a Glossybox.

I really love the progression Glossybox have made in the last year I have been subscribed but in all honesty I think I am going to unsubscribe. I am always excited because I want each month to be better than the last and I love supporting something form the beginning, when I went to their Covent Garden event everyone was so friendly and I have never had a problem with Glossybox. The products more often than not just sit unused after I try them for the first time, I would rather spend the extra each month on something I know I will use.

Only nine days to go, are you ready?
Sending you all lots of christmas cheer x

No comments:

Post a Comment